Walrus Audio Eons Fuzz
Eons is a five-state fuzz capable of massively thick sounds ready to test the limits of any amp's grill cloth. Use the Voltage (lightning bolt) knob to crank up to 18 volts into the pedal's circuit for massive, open fuzz sounds, or choose to starve it down to 3 volts for spatty, gated fuzz.
- Fuzz with 5 selectable modes and voltage control
- Each mode delivers a unique combination of silicone, germanium and LED clipping
- Voltage control from 3 V to 18 V changes the operating point from gated fuzz to open and dynamic
- Bass and treble tone controls for maximum flexibility
- Controls: Volume, Voltage, Gain, Bass, Mode and Treble
- Footswitch and status LED: effect on/off
- Top-mounted connection sockets
- Input and output: 6.3 mm jack mono
- Power supply via 9 V DC mains adapter (not included)
- Power consumption: 100 mA
- Mains adapter connection: Hollow female plug 5.5 x 2.1 mm, negative pole inside
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 12.1 x 6.6 x 3.5 cm
- Made in the USA
For Eons, humankind has thought the sound of thunder to be from the heavens above, echoing boastfully over us as we stay safe from its greatness. However, legend tells of a stoic and indomitable beast residing in the highest mountains seen and heard only by the most brash of travelers. With gnarled and twisted horns, this creature emits a sound thicker than Earth’s crust to command attention and warn all who stand in his way. This is Eons.
Eons is a five-state fuzz capable of massively thick sounds ready to test the limits of any amp's grill cloth. Use the Voltage (lightning bolt) knob to crank up to 18 volts into the pedal's circuit for massive, open fuzz sounds, or choose to starve it down to 3 volts for spatty, gated fuzz. Experiment with the Voltage and Mode knobs for nearly endless styles of fuzz tones. Find vintage-inspired sounds emanating from the stages of Woodstock to chaotic three-chord punk rock. Eons is ready for a fight.
The Eons features a five-position rotary knob that offers the following clipping configurations. Think of them as different "flavors" of the pedal:
I. Silicon clipping traditional fuzz that's well rounded with a huge sound; compressed and smooth.
II. Silicon clipping with an added bass boost that boosts the low end at the beginning of the circuit; compressed and crunchy.
III. Germanium clipping with a feel of "what if a distortion and fuzz had a kid?"; crunchy and dynamic.
IV. LED clipping diodes with a slight high-end cut; dynamically dark.
V. Hard clipping silicon transistors combined with LED and Silicon soft clipping diodes. The rowdiest of the modes with tons of gain: compressed, loud, and angry.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for more or become a member and get access to exclusive features by supporting our magazine. Our memberships start from $2 and are billed monthly.